If your Original Aadhar Card has been Lost or Misplaced, need not to worry. UIDAI has given the facility to people to get another Aadhar Card or E-Aadhar Letter as a duplicate copy. This copy also has the same value as original.
There are 2 ways you can get Duplicate Aadhar Card through UIDAI website. First one is by entering your Enrollment ID and date & time on website. In case you have not saved your Enrollment Slip, you can use the second method by entering your Aadhar Number.
If you have any photocopy of your Aadhar Card or saved your Aadhar Number anywhere, can use this number to download duplicate Aadhar Card.
Steps to Get Duplicate Copy of Aadhar Card –
- Go though the UIDAI website at http://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- On the top there are 2 options available, choose option1 if you have your enrollment slip, else another option if you have your aadhar number.
- Enter the Enrolment ID/ Aadhar Number in the text box.
- Enter Date and Time in the text box in case your have entered Enrollment Number.
- In the next fields, enter your name, area pin code and other information.
- Once you have entered all information, click on the “Validate and Download” button, it will send a code to your mobile number.
- Enter this code in the OTP code box.
- The duplicate copy of Aadhar Card will be downloaded in your computer.
The file you will get in PDF format. When you will open this file, it’ll ask password. You will have to enter your AREA PIN CODE in the password box.
If you have not got your Aadhar by post, you can Check Your Aadhar Delivery Status on the same website of UIDAI.